By Morgyn Engman October 11th marks the 10th anniversary of International Day of the…
爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 is excited to announce that the Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors is now open!
The Board of Directors of 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 are representatives responsible for providing strategic leadership, governance, establishing policy, overseeing operations and financial performance of 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆. Our Board Members will serve on several committees including, but not limited to:
- Fund Development
The Board is expected to represent the best interests of the self-identified girls, parents, coaches, mentors, allies, and the organization.
Who is 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆?
爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 is a Canadian charity on a mission to keep self-identified girls aged 8-14 healthy and active in sports and physical activities. Founded in 2005 by Olympic gold medalist Chandra Crawford, 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 believes in the power of positive sport experiences and role models to give girls leadership, teamwork and resiliency skills.
Why Do We Exist?
For the girls!
In comparison to boys, girls are less likely to get involved and stay involved in sports. By age sixteen 1 out of 3 girls who played sports drop out, versus 1 out of 10 boys the same age ( Canadian Women and Sport Rally Report 2020 ) . The top 3 ways to reverse these trends are:
Engaging the girls to identify how to create a sense of social belonging, prioritizing their mental and physical health, and providing relatable role models from within their own communities.
With these calls to action, 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 strives to provide a safe space to explore new sports and physical activities.
How Do We Strive to Accomplish This?
In our endeavour to foster lasting involvement in sports, we host national and local events and programs in collaboration with community partners and like-minded individuals. 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 provides opportunities for powerful connection with REAL (Relatable, Empowered, Active Leaders) Role Models from within the girls’ communities.
The current 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 Board consists of:
- Natalie Agro, Interim Chair
- Crick Nelson, Secretary
- Victoria Stephenson, Treasurer
- Debbie King, Chair of Anti-Racism and Respect Committee (ARRC)
- Melissa Smith, Director-at-large
The Nominations Committee is seeking candidates for Director-at-large positions in the specific areas of focus:
- Strategic and/or innovative leadership
- Revenue generation linked to organizational sustainability in the areas of philanthropy, grant-writing, or corporate partnerships
- Federal government relations experience pertaining to fund development
- Established academic background in the field of women and girls sport and physical activity with a rigorous, relevant scholarship profile
Candidates will also be reviewed for potential committee participation.
- Bilingual (French – English)
- Geographical representation across Canada
- Experience in leading a charity or not-for-profit to significant budget and reach growth
- Advocate for and/or have experience in social change/activism and believe in what 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 aims to accomplish for the girls
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities, a growth mindset, and a passion for keeping self-identified girls healthy and active
We are committed to selecting a committee of members who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, comprises meaningful and intersectional representation from racialized and marginalized communities, including, but not limited to:
- Indigenous peoples (First Nations – includes Status, Treaty or Non-Status, Métis and Inuit)
- Visible minorities (includes people (other than Indigenous) who are non-white regardless of place of birth)
- Persons with a disability
- LGBTQI2S+ persons
- Persons who are not women are encouraged to apply
- Board terms are for two years with a maximum of three consecutive terms.
- Meetings are held monthly on zoom typically at 6 pm Mountain, 8 pm Eastern time.
- A commitment of 10 hours per month
- Participation on the Board is voluntary and there is no remuneration for service.
Board member responsibilities include:
- Providing accountability and support to the CEO and staff as they implement the strategic and operational plans;
- Chair of or participation in committees such as nominations, governance, fund development, research, and finance committees;
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to Board and committee meetings;
- Approving annual budget and audit reports;
- Contributing to the CEO annual performance evaluation;
- Representing 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador of the organization;
- Standard fiduciary responsibilities and duty of care for Canadian charities;
- Completing all required training, estimated at <5-10 hours per year, by the agreed-upon deadline
Persons of any gender who are 18 years of age or older, have the power under law to contract, who are not an employee or paid contractor of 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆, and have an interest/passion for creating participation and leadership opportunities for girls and women in sport and physical activity may be nominated.
- April 5, 2021: Open Call for Candidates
- May 3, 2021: Deadline for Expressions of Interest
- April/ May 2021: Confirmed nominations provided to the 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 Membership + voting by the Membership
- May/ June 2021: Newly elected Directors introduced and welcomed at the monthly Board meeting
If you meet these requirements, including our desired key competencies, and are interested in contributing your expertise to our dynamic and growing organization, please submit your statement of interest and resume.
OUR CALL FOR NOMINATIONS IS CLOSED.