爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 stands together in solidarity with the Black community and all those who face injustice and oppression from systemic and individual racism.
爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sport; however, the organization is also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sport culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others. In June 2003. 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 released a statement on Anti-racism and commitments for the future.
爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 recognizes that its core values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address injustices and oppression and make meaningful change. 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 has acknowledged their inaction in addressing and prioritizing anti-racism in programs and the organization, especially with regard to anti-Black racism. As an organization, 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 must play a role in speaking up, showing support, and providing a platform to raise the voices of our Black community.
爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 stated, “As an organization, we can and will do better. Words have power, but it’s just the starting place. ”
What is the Anti-Racism and Respect Advisory Committee (ARRC)?
The 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 Anti-Racism and Respect Advisory Committee (ARRC) is an ad hoc advisory committee of members with diverse and intersectional skills and experiences. It reports to the Board of Directors and works collaboratively with 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 Management, Staff, Volunteers, and Stakeholders.
What is the purpose of the ARRC?
The purpose of the Committee is to inform and guide 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 programming practices, staff and volunteer education, and key areas of operations, partnerships, and fundraising with regard to anti-racism and respect. The Committee serves as a critical community champion of 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆.
What does the ARRC do?
Broadly, the Anti-Racism and Respect Committee informs and guides 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 programming practices, staff and volunteer education, and key areas of operations, partnerships, and fundraising with regard to anti-racism and respect.
More specifically, committee priorities and activities include:
- Identifying and addressing current issues affecting Fast & Female’s vision/mission; challenge the organization’s thinking and status quo
- Guiding and supporting the organization through broad policies, planning objectives, and recommendations
- Providing leadership and guidance on mechanisms to improve monitoring, benchmarking and reporting
- Encouraging the development and implementation of programming and events that meet the needs of and deliver a positive impact to all participants
- Overseeing the development and contributing to long-term strategic priorities
- Regularly reviewing the organization’s programs, practices, communications, and policies to ensure that they are consistent with the purpose of the organization and the mandate of the committee and that they are effective
- Advising on areas of compliance with applicable laws, rules and SafeSport practices as they relate to the running of programs and events, specifically with regard to the mandate of the committee
- Supporting the organization in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance the recommendations of the committee
- Building long-term relationships with current and new partners and stakeholders
- Identifying new opportunities for collaborations, research and knowledge transfer to advance the position of women and girls in sport, nationally and globally
What is the composition of the ARRC – who are the members?
The Fast & Female Anti-Racism and Respect Advisory Committee is committed to ensuring it has meaningful and intersectional representation from racialized and marginalized communities.
The committee will have 5-10 members, including a Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and 1 -2 R.E.A.L Role Model Representatives, along with 5-7 general members. A representative from the 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 Board of Directors and the 爱游戏体育平台APP登陆 Management Team are also actively involved in committee activities.
Debbie King is the current chair of The Fast & Female Anti-Racism and Respect Advisory Committee. Learn more about Debbie by clicking here .
How can I get involved in the ARRC and their work?
Applications to join ARRC are currently closed. However, you can contact ARRC by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org